It is common in our community to write on a piece of paper our new objectives or some changes we want to work on for the New Year. I, myself, do not believe in New Year’s resolution. Yes, indeed, I’ve done bunch of resolutions in French, English and Arabic class as an assignment, but they haven’t been so useful till this day. Why do we need a new start to set a new goal? A question I have asked myself many times. But is the New Year considered as a fresh start?
No, I’ve lived 15 years of my life and experienced 15 times New Year; some had experienced 70 New Years or even more, is it so much of an importance? Most of us do not even appreciate it, we wake, have fun, work, watch TV, eat and whatever a human being can possibly do and then sleep, the same day as the 364 we had gone through out year. For me, a fresh start does not relate to a particular day or time. It more comes with a situation we had lived and try to let it go somehow whatever was the time or the place.
Of course, I’m not saying New Year is useless, in the contrary, New Year can be something special, and it can be fun, romantic, crazy. As long as someone is enjoying it, it is fine. But New Year’s resolution itself does not mean that much for me. If we are willing to change, we will do it at any price, New Year shouldn’t be the thing that reminds us so.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.