sarah raafat - C5 - English

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Break!!! an amazing time for family and friends




Usually, on Christmas break, we travel to Dahab or the white desert, but we didn’t this time. Instead we mostly stayed at home. Most people would see it as boring, but it was a special vacation for me. Starting my vacation, I didn’t have any time for some rest or sleep. I directly went to a friend’s house. And I slept over at her house. She was planning to have a big party at her villa on Christmas Eve. I remember her little sister who was actually snoring! It was so funny. The next morning we decorated the room. It literally went from white to red and green. We had partied all day.  Everyone was there, younger to older; it was as if a group of people gathered on Christmas Eve to make it very special!

On New Year’s Eve, I invited a couple of friends at my house, even though they are supposed to be with their families, they came over. We dined; actually we ate French traditional food which we do every year on Christmas and New Year. Believe it or not, we do celebrate both 25th December and 6 January due to my different backgrounds. We didn’t celebrate yet 6 of January because today is still the 5th. But Christmas break for me is a time to enjoy family and traditions; it is special just because Jesus was born at this time, and not because of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.